Thursday, September 17, 2009

What an incredible week!

This week just keeps getting better and better! As previously posted, we received notice of our LOA this past Monday. The document arrived, we signed it and IMMEDIATELY FedEx'd it back to FTIA! C'mon TA (Travel Approval)!!

Let's see...oh! I placed someone in their dream job this week (always a bonus)!

My communication with the adoptive Mom who sent me orphanage photos continues to evolve in the most unbelievable way! As I previously posted, when she met her daughter for the first time, she was accompanied by two teachers from the orphanage school as well as her daughter's best little friend - - a little boy about the same age. I wrote to her and asked her to identify the boy in the group photo. Are you ready for this? It was JACKSON! I can't begin to express how choked up I got! Tears ran down my face! I found Jackson's best friend! OMG - - the emotions! Her daughter is just so beautiful! She was kind enough to send me TWO more photos of these kiddos from her daughter's "Gotcha Day" (and granted permission to post). My little boy looks so sad in these photos because he's losing his buddy while his best friend looks so happy to finally meet her family. I felt so badly for him - - at the time, he didn't know when his family would come. It's just mind boggling. (Hang in there, little guy...we're coming soon!!!)

I learned that these two kiddos were favorites of their teachers and that, sometimes, the teachers brought them to their homes on the weekends so that they could have a taste of family life! I'm told that it made the transition much easier. She also mentioned what a good, well mannered boy Jackson was! (Just what a Mom wants to hear!)

I sent this wonderful lady our address and I hope to stay in touch for the sake of our children. In some way, I truly believe that we were meant to connect! She was going to show her daughter Jackson's photos last night - - I hope she remembers him!!

Speaking of photos...how excited was I to learn that the photo book that I made for our son made it to the orphanage?! I was told that he looks at it every day with his caregiver! Seriously! Our son has seen our faces and the faces of his new family! (This book turned out really cute. I put it together like a children's book with photos and captions that introduced him to his new Mama & Papa, his grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins! I even included some photos of HIM so that he would see how well he fits into his new family!) I'm so thrilled to know that he has received it. I made an identical album to bring with us in case he never received it or doesn't come to us with it. Very often, the children will just come with the clothes on their backs.

In addition to this wonderful news, the orphanage also said that they would send us more photos of him next week! My heart is just swelling! That makes me so happy! Is it possible to have a heart attack from happiness?!

1 comment:

Kathleen Kane said...

Congrats one more time to two perfect parents. I can't believe it's fianlly here.

"Jax" is a cutie- he looks like he belongs with you. He's going to keep you hopping.

I wish you and your newest family member much love. I wish you peace and I thank God for helping create your new family.

This little guy will be the luckiest in the world with a Mom like you.

Kristine- you have such a good heart, a loving personality- a rare gem in this life. You will show us what a real family is all about. I admire your courage and strength through this journey-

But what a payoff for all- I can't wait to read about the next steps & to see you with your little man.

Much Happiness