SERIOUSLY...today was a GREAT day! We received news this morning that our LOA arrived (that's our official Letter of Approval)! People...this is HUGE!!! We are one GIANT step forward to meeting our son! Our coordinator, Betty, decided to mess with me by sending a funny little e-mail saying, "Give me an 'L'..." Cute. She thought I'd play along with writing back, "Give me an "O"...etc. Are you KIDDING me? When I saw the e-mail with the attachment, tears came to my eyes immediately! I called her with great excitement. She said that if we get all of our clearances back ASAP - - we could potentially travel within seven weeks! OMG!! How excited am I?! OMG!! How unprepared am I?! I've got a MILLION things to do!
I had already sent off an e-mail earlier today to our social worker inquiring if any of our clearances came back and he wrote to tell me that our DCFS clearance had just arrived this morning and we're just waiting for FBI and IL State Police (fingers tightly crossed that they arrive this week). Once everything comes in, he can finally finish our Home Study Update and submit it to DCFS (again). Their final approval could take 4 - 5 weeks to get (argh - - my nerves!)!
And then...when I arrived home, MORE good news! We received our invitations for MORE fingerprinting from the Department of Homeland Security/Citizenship & Immigration Services! Yay! They scheduled us on our wedding anniversary - - September 25th. Too funny. We think that's a good day! We can use that time to go to the Chinese Consulate to submit our Visa applications, too.
Good stuff! No - - GREAT stuff! I wonder what tomorrow will bring!
I had already sent off an e-mail earlier today to our social worker inquiring if any of our clearances came back and he wrote to tell me that our DCFS clearance had just arrived this morning and we're just waiting for FBI and IL State Police (fingers tightly crossed that they arrive this week). Once everything comes in, he can finally finish our Home Study Update and submit it to DCFS (again). Their final approval could take 4 - 5 weeks to get (argh - - my nerves!)!
And then...when I arrived home, MORE good news! We received our invitations for MORE fingerprinting from the Department of Homeland Security/Citizenship & Immigration Services! Yay! They scheduled us on our wedding anniversary - - September 25th. Too funny. We think that's a good day! We can use that time to go to the Chinese Consulate to submit our Visa applications, too.
Good stuff! No - - GREAT stuff! I wonder what tomorrow will bring!


1 comment:
Kristine and Michael:
SO.......excited to have talked to you yesterday and being told about your exciting news. YOUR SON is absolutely ADORABLE! Ben was excited to hear that he is getting a new cousin from China for his birthday. Funny, he knows more about your process in getting to adopt your son as he has seen an "ARTHUR" episode about Binky Barnes family adopting a daughter from China. Basically, Ben told me all that you need to do before your son can come home with you. Is that not a riot? Tried to call my mom this morning to let her know the news, not in her apartment, must be out at blackjack games being the treasurer. I will however keep trying. I will also let Donna know later this afternoon. It won't be long until you are blessed with your son wrapped in your arms. GOD BLESS!
Ann
P.S. This is a firts for me, I am definitely not computer savy.
Post a Comment