Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's been a while...

Well...Spring has finally sprung (sort of) and I'm hopeful that with the blossoming of flowers and trees and the return of singing birds, perhaps we'll get a call soon that will welcome the next chapter of our lives. A new start as PARENTS!!

My Mom has slowly adapted to being among the retired population and, to be honest, I think she's enjoying it (at least a little!). Good for her! She has worked so hard for so long. I only wish the financial market would improve!! It must be nice to have all your days to yourself to whatever you want. I told her to take up a new hobby - - that went over like a lead balloon! LOL!!

Michael has been given a clean bill of health with regard to his blood clot (what a scare THAT was!). He's thrilled that the clot seems to have disappeared. Of course, he needs to remain on medication for the next few months as a precaution (he's not so happy about that), but I'd rather have him healthy than...the alternative! Now he's eager to jump back into working out like a maniac.

I'm as stressed as ever. My job is proving to be quite challenging during these "interesting" economic times we're living in. This recession is no fun. I wish I could help each and every person out there that is looking for a job in the Retirement Services market, but the jobs aren't as plentiful as I would hope. It will be an interesting year, for sure.

I've been trying to keep my emotions in check - - I inquired about two other children on the Waiting Child list, but both of their files were locked. As we approach 26 months of our wait (next week), there are times when it is particularly hard. I'm keeping the faith that God is in charge and He will decide when we are ready. I watch as my nieces and nephews grow up - - I was so hoping to have a cousin for them that would be about their age.

I know that the wait is getting to me because I don't feel that there is much to smile about these days. With work being so difficult, I just try to push forward to get things done, but I haven't seen the results of my efforts. I had hoped to have a great year so that I could bankroll enough money to buy a new car and anything I may need for our child without having to burden our household fund. That is questionable right now. I certainly don't want to go into debt or take loans. (Sigh) I hope things turn around soon!!

I'm so happy for my sister and her family. They just bought their first house and they will be making a move to Maryland in a few months! How exciting!! She's been making herself crazy with researching and second-guessing herself, but I know once they move in and take complete ownership, all of those feelings will give way to the fun stuff (HOME IMPROVEMENT!!). I WISH I could be there for that (my favorite part!). They are in such a fun stage of their lives. I'm envious.

The latest update on where things stand in China (CCAA): As of April 02, 2009

Referral and dossier review update:
Through the CCAA's on-line site for adoption agencies, our agency received the following update regarding the review of dossiers and placement of children:

The CCAA has finished the review of the adoption application documents registered with our office before March 31, 2007.

The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before March 06, 2006.

No comments: