Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Extreme Makeover Weekend...

We have to be NUTS!! Since Michael and I are still fresh off of the mini-makeover that we did to my Mom's living room while she was out of town (and she had such a POSITIVE reaction) - - he thought it would be fun to do the same thing at his parents' house! Mom & Dad just left town to meet Michael's sister, Mary, & our niece, Ashley for a vacation in Florida and we went to work on their house! He decided that we should paint their foyer, kitchen & hallway! (Remember...it was HIS idea this time!) I just LOVE projects like this, but this will be the first "surprise" makeover for his parents - - I'm not quite sure what their reaction will be.

We spent our entire weekend priming and painting and, frankly, we don't even know if they'll like it! (I hope they do!) I'm a wreck! (Oh, please let them like it!!) We have no idea if they'll like the color! So...we'll be on pins & needles until they get back later this week. (Oh...my aching bones! The job was bigger than it seemed!) We're going to hope for the best. Dad is starting to slow down a bit, so hopefully he'll appreciate the job we did (this will be their Mother's & Father's Day gifts).

We have been waiting all weekend long for our Doctor to get back from HIS vacation, too. I dropped off the file of the little 2 year old boy last Thursday and now we wait. I'm hopeful that this little one's condition is a simple fix and not one that I suspect will be permanent. You see, it's all in the translation of the documents. If this child has Strabismus (crossed eyes), then we're confident that treatment will be quite managable. However, if his condition is Nystagmus - - Michael and I are not confident that this will work for us.

We shall see...

No comments: