Sunday, August 9, 2009

Where is the summer going???

At some point over the last month or so I blinked...and now we are in August and quickly approaching Labor Day! Where, oh where, has the summer gone? Before long, we'll be gearing up for Christmas (yikes)!

Thankfully, we have had the chance to enjoy a bit of the season. Michael and I finally attended our first Chicago White Sox game together! After all these years (and a few solid attempts which were rained out), we made it...albeit at Milwaukee Brewers Stadium! LOL! It was a great time and we had GREAT seats! Michael ordered the tickets months in advance in anticipation of going.






Aren't the racing sausages a hoot?!

In addition to the Sox game, I took my Mom to a Cub's game - - yes, she's a Chicago Cub's fan (we've always had a little rivalry going)! I was able to get tickets through my company which arranges an outing every year. We took the train downtown and then took the subway/"L" to the game! It was a fun time. My Mom isn't fond of all the walking because of some foot & knee issues, but she suffered through like a champ and had a great time cheering for her "Cubbies" while I became a Minnesota Twins fan for the day (hey - - I have to root for ANY team playing the Cubs! LOL!!). Anyway, the Cubs lost, but we still had a great time. (Hey Mom..."maybe next year!").




No comments: