It's so funny...when we began our adoption journey, we honestly thought that we would be adopting an infant girl and we are, in fact, going to be welcoming a handsome young man into our family! What a change! Who would have thought that we would be blessed with a healthy boy?!
Lei Xin was referred to FTIA (only) several months ago and another family locked in his file. He had even been told that his family was coming for him. Quite unexpectedly, shortly before travel, the other family backed out. This poor little guy had to be told that his family, in fact, was NOT coming for him (doesn't that just break your heart?).
When I received our agency's weekly newsletter on Thursday, 8/13, and saw that Lei Xin was available, I immediately contacted our coordinator and requested his file and an update. For once...I was FIRST! Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to get an update from the orphanage until Monday - - imagine how rough THAT weekend was! Argh!
Monday finally arrived and so did Lei Xin's update!! Because he is older than 24 months, he is considered Special Needs due to his age. I immediately rushed his file over to our physician and after reviewing his labs & growth reports, he called to say that Lei Xin looked to be in VERY good health! I called our agency a nanosecond later to advise them to LOCK us in and let the paperwork begin!!
I haven't been able to stop looking at Lei Xin's photos! How funny that he's wearing a T-shirt with a goat/sheep on it - - he was born in the year of the goat! (It is the 8th position in the Chinese Zodiac. Our LID is on the 8th and his birthday is on the 8th. And 8’s are lucky in China!!) How cool is THAT??!!! Aaaannnnd…in the regular zodiac, I am a Capricorn (Goat)! Spooooooky!
So...we have a son! Technically we aren't "officially official" until we get our final travel approval, but we are hopeful that everything will move forward smoothly and without incident. There is SO much to do in the next couple of months! We are updating our Home Study now and re-fingerprinting for the third time (Illinois State Police, FBI, DCFS, Department of Homeland Security...who am I leaving out?). It's time to start preparing the packing lists! We need to exchange the crib for a "big boy bed!" Holy cow!
Michael is so excited now! He envisions playing catch and teaching our little guy about baseball. Is it too early to think about little league?! LOL!


3 comments:
He is so handsome! I remember seeing him on the weekly update and thinking someone needed to bring him home. I almost had my friend convinced she needed a son! I can't say enough how excited and happy I am for you!
OMG!!!! How exciting! I'm am so happy for both of you!!! And here I was thinking our little girls would be able to grow up and play together ;-) He is so cute!
Sandy
We are so thrilled that we will FINALLY be able to meet our nephew. Our family can't wait for you to bring him home. The kids are thrilled to the core and look forward to loving their new cousin. It's been a very long haul for you two, but it'll definitely be worth it. Isn't that what everyone says with the pain of labor?
Post a Comment