Another new "tradition" we enjoyed this summer was getting together with some other adoptive and soon-to-be adoptive parents! This event started last year with one of our on-line friends, Kristen, as host. Kristen is with our agency and even had the same LID as us so we thought, logically, we would be traveling together! It was at the 1st annual gathering that we learned she had just been matched with her daughter the day before! Wow! Several months later she traveled to China to meet her daughter! This was our first opportunity to meet her little girl and she was just lovely! We were amazed at her grasp of English! Perfect! It's incredible how quickly children learn! A few days ago we tried locking in the files of two boys, but were unsuccessful. Another let down. One child was 23 months old, the other just turned 3 years old. We were so hoping that their files would be open, but other families locked them in first. (Sigh.)

Yesterday was the 30th month of our LID. It was 3 years ago this month that we started our paper-chase and 2.5 years since our Log-In-Date with the CCAA. It's unbelievable. Michael asked me recently if I had known the wait would be this long, would we have still gone through with our plans. I answered yes, because I really feel, in my heart, that our child is in China. I don't know how else to describe it, but I feel drawn there. We never thought that we would be waiting this long. By all accounts, we would have been home for a year already based on the initial information that we received. Michael is getting concerned. He's got another birthday coming up soon and the old man is starting to slow down (aren't we all?!). I think his biggest concern is having the energy to keep up with a little one. I think that although it will be exhausting, having our little one around will be like the fountain of youth! It WOULD be nice, however, to get our referral before social security kicks in!!



1 comment:
Once she comes home, all this waiting would have been worth it! In fact, you'll probably forget how long it really felt!
Sandy
Post a Comment