Okay...if I can't believe that I hit 40 (or 35 for that matter)...how can I possibly come to terms with the fact that my little sister just turned 40 today?! Where, oh where have the years gone?
Mom & I just returned from Maryland the other day after visiting Jules, her family and the new house! It was wonderful!! I just loved spending time out there. Of course, my body is still aching from working non-stop (painting rooms, unpacking boxes, moving furniture, etc.), but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wish I was still there!
Their new house looks great. It's got a lot of potential. I only wish it was closer than a 12 hour drive!!
I was so happy to finally give the housewarming gift I made in May (I couldn't post about it earlier because I wasn't sure if Jules would read this blog!). Here it is!!
Mom & I just returned from Maryland the other day after visiting Jules, her family and the new house! It was wonderful!! I just loved spending time out there. Of course, my body is still aching from working non-stop (painting rooms, unpacking boxes, moving furniture, etc.), but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wish I was still there!
Their new house looks great. It's got a lot of potential. I only wish it was closer than a 12 hour drive!!
I was so happy to finally give the housewarming gift I made in May (I couldn't post about it earlier because I wasn't sure if Jules would read this blog!). Here it is!!
I spent every weekend in May working on this and I think it turned out GREAT! The best, and most surprising part was that my Mom volunteered to help! She never previously showed any interest in my "craft" because she said it was too tedious, but it seems that she took an interest in this piece knowing that it was a gift for Juli. It was good to teach her the process and see her appreciate all that goes into such a detailed piece of art.Juli & Mike seemed to really like it (much to my relief). I hope they enjoy it for a long time to come. It was made with LOVE (sounds corny, huh?).
I also loved spending time with "my kids," although it seems my time was really limited because I was so busy working. They are getting so big. There wasn't a lot of time for fun & games because we had so much to accomplish. Maybe next trip.



2 comments:
OK, who said it was alright to post my AGE on your blog?!?! Yikes...for someone who has celebrated her 29th birthday for how many years now????
Just kidding. For those of you who are reading the blog, Kristine and my Mom helped us so much on their visit. We are forever grateful! I don't know how we can ever repay them! We begged them not to leave...we still don't know where to put all of the remaining clutter after the move. HELP!! Come back!! We are just happy that we won't have to move anymore. I think 14 moves in 15 years is quite enough, thank you.
Aw, Jules...I would have stayed longer if I could, but the J-O-B called me back (bummer). I had a great time as the "foreman." How come no one helped ME like that in all of my moves?! Hmph!
K.
Post a Comment