Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Today is my 12 year anniversary at CPS, Inc. It's hard to believe I've been here for this long! Geez...time just flies! Over the years my job has had its share of ups & downs. With the economy being what it is, we are certainly in a down time right now. It's difficult finding jobs to fill (although there are plenty of candidates!). I always LOVE placing people in new jobs and hearing how happy they are that they made the move. If only I could make it happen more often!

Michael and I reviewed the file of another child yesterday. An adorable 18 month old boy with hypospadias. He is so cute!! I immediately got the file over to our physician, but he hasn't called me back and now the child has been locked in, so we probably lost that window of opportunity.

I am feeling frustrated and fatigued by this process! I want so much to travel this year to meet our child! If only we would get the call! The NSN line is moving so slowly. I think it will be years before they finally get to our LID. The Swine Flu pandemic that struck last week around the globe isn't helping things either (rumors abound - - some say the CCAA will close for 20 - 30 days, others say it's business as usual).

Sigh...

I spoke with my FTIA China Coordinator yesterday. (She'll be going in for surgery this week to remove a tumor from her spine - - YIKES - - she'll be out for about 6 weeks!) We spoke a bit about the child that I inquired about and I also spoke to her about the previous little boy that she contacted us about. I wanted to address the seriousness of his condition and she confirmed that FTIA was quite surprised that he had been put on the adoption list. Apparently, they received another update on him and it really was quite grave. The latest Doctors' prognosis is that he will live only until about the age of 20. So, so sad. The PMD condition that he has is actually fatal, although some people live until their 60's. They can't understand how he made the list - - he is currently in a healing home in China. Betty said that it would take a very special family to adopt him. I feel so badly for this child. I hope God will watch over him.

No comments: