Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Childless Mothers Day

As I try to stay optimistic, I'll say (again) that I hope this will be my LAST childless Mothers Day. It's been such a bummer of a wait.

Michael and I counted down another month as we "celebrated" 27 months last Friday. My Mom joined us for a wonderful dinner at Chi Tung in Evergreen Park. That place is ALWAYS hopping! I'm so glad we made reservations! Michael and I got to dine for free because I finally used a gift certificate that my boss gave me for Christmas. Yummy. Why is it that a free meal always tastes just a bit better? LOL!



After dinner, we headed over to a movie theater in Crestwood to see The Merry Gentleman, a film that was executive produced by our friend, Paul Duggan! Paul and his wife, Debbie, attended as well. It was a good movie and after the film, there was a Q&A session with Paul and one of the stars of the movie (who also had a producer credit). It was a good time!
The movie had a distinct "indy" feel and it was all filmed in the Chicago area. The characters seemed very genuine. It was a little slow going at first - - we wondered if Michael Keaton's character was ever going to say anything!! One of the members of the audience asked Paul if Keaton got paid by the word - - everyone had a laugh over that!
The movie originally debuted at the Sundance Film Festival last year and was just recently released. Roger Ebert even gave it 3.5 stars!
I hope it does well for Paul. He was so great with trying to help us get the twins (he's the Chairman of the Board for Love Without Boundaries). Michael and I are both glad that we went and showed our support.

No comments: