7 October 2008
Oh boy…so many days have gone by and I STILL haven’t received a phone call from Amy from Love Without Boundaries. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I can’t concentrate on anything. I’m obsessed with checking my e-mail. I daydream about these babies! When I try to fall asleep, I swear I fade in and out of dreaming about these sweet boys. I’m starting to worry way too much and my heart is just aching so much that it HURTS!! When Michael starts telling me to “relax,” I immediately get teary-eyed and my heart starts pounding because I just want this to happen for us so much! It’s been so hard! (This must be a true sign of that "biological clock" when your heart hurts THIS MUCH!)
In an effort to be prepared for anything, I decided to get both of us to be proactive and complete the FTIA Parent Education Supplemental Special Needs Workbook. We would have to do this anyway for FTIA in the event that we switch to the Special Needs program. This way…we’re one step ahead of the game. Since it’s a requirement, we’re just getting it out of the way. It’s good homework to do and it gets us thinking about things in case our child(ren) has more significant special needs to consider. Once we complete the workbooks, which we should have done in another day or two, I’ll send them to Betty Betz (our China Coordinator) and Maury Reising (the Special Needs Coordinator) at FTIA for their files. I’m sure they’ll both be thrilled to have them completed and they’ll probably want to start matching us right away with a Waiting Child from their list!
When I got to the office on Monday morning, I found an e-mail from Amy from late on Sunday night asking for our full names as they appear on our dossier as well as FTIA’s name in Chinese (I guess sometimes the agencies have different names with the CCAA in China). She said the boys’ files were going to the CCAA next week! That’s all. I was elated to see SOME correspondence! I gave her all the information she asked for and offered to schedule a specific day/time to speak with her since I know her schedule is so tight. I’m so happy to know that things are moving along with the boys and I have so many questions! I just can’t wait to talk with her!!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment