Today is the 20th month since our LID (sigh). So we “celebrated” by having some Chinese food as we do every month on the 8th to commemorate another month down. That wasn’t the best part of this long day though.
OMG!! I fell in love tonight. Two young men stole my heart! I had another stress filled day - - sleep deprivation (I can’t remember the last time I had a full night’s sleep), waiting of for Amy’s call and trying to keep it together at work!
I was up late, working on the computer in bed (Michael was having a difficult night with his “crazy legs” syndrome so he decided to try sleeping on the sofa in the family room until his legs calmed down - - can’t wait until he finally has his doctor’s appointment later this month!!). All of a sudden, to my delight - - a new e-mail from Amy Eldridge arrived at about 10:30pm!!
She wrote:
“Hi Kristine,And then…I saw the most precious faces I had ever seen! Just look!! How could I NOT fall in love with these two little men?! I immediately burst into tears!
I need to write to Betty and let her know that the boys’ files might come to FTIA with your name on them. Let me double check with the orphanage on when they will file so we can track it.
Here is a recent picture of them. Aren’t they so beautiful? They are favorites of the aunties! Amy”
I ran downstairs to wake Michael up (he wasn’t very happy about that, but then he HATES to be awakened from his “beauty” sleep - - geez - - what a grouch!). Once I told him he could see the faces of his potential sons he finally got moving (but he kept grumbling). Of course, once he saw those faces, all the grumbling stopped, and he turned into the Michael that we all know and love. (WARNING: Waking him from a slumber is a DANGEROUS act and should not be attempted by the unskilled!! Proceed at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!) LOL!!
I was so tired and so excited and so delirious!! I had about a million things going through my mind! I worked on an e-mail to send back to Amy and tried to send something semi-coherent, but God only knows! I wrote:
Ohmigosh…Amy!!! I’m going to short out my keyboard with tears!! They are so beautiful!!! My heart is beating is so fast! I swear, I’ve been dreaming of these little guys for the last week! They are precious! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing their photo! It’s so special that you chose to do it today...it’s our “LID-versary.” Since our LID is 2/8/07, my husband and I celebrate by counting down another month of our long wait and by having Chinese food (tonight’s feast was no different). I just woke my husband up to share your e-mail! He can’t believe it!!Of course…more sleep deprivation for me. How could I sleep now that I’ve seen those beautiful faces? Where do we go from here? How long will this take? Will Amy contact FTIA? I have so many questions!!!!
I have not mentioned anything to FTIA yet because I’m not sure what the protocol is and I have yet to speak with you so I’m not even sure if I should be getting my hopes up (although I really, really want to!!!). Just let me know when I have the “green light” and I’ll work with Betty Betz and Maury Reising (she handles the waiting children program).
Oh Amy…I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight! These boys are so handsome! I can see why they are favorites of their Aunties (and why wouldn’t they be?!) I have a million questions about them!! When might we be able to talk?
Bless your heart!!
Many thanks!
~Kristine


No comments:
Post a Comment