We are fully packed. The paperwork is complete.
Our boarding passes are printed.
We're ready to go!
We're ready to go!
Thank goodness I had an extra day as a buffer before we left (whew)! I really needed it. I wrapped things up at my office yesterday - - it's a little weird to think I won't be there for quite some time, but I know the time is just going to fly by. I'm so blessed to work for a company that offers flexibility. Unfortunately, no paid family/maternity leave (don't I wish).
Today is Grandma Karen's Birthday!! (We will refrain from mentioning which one for fear of retribution.) She stopped by today with her pooch, Cosmo, so that HE could wish us luck (I kid you not). Too funny. That woman just loves that dog (Michael and I surprised Mom with him two years ago for Christmas and she has been smitten ever since. Needless to say, that dog is spoiled rotten! Cracks me up!)
It's just one week until Jackson turns 6 years old! Wow! I do believe we'll be having a birthday party in the hotel room! We'll have to go hunting for a birthday cake!
Hoping to be able to update this blog while we're away, but you never know. If we are blocked, my plan is to journal and update when we return home. I hope to take about a million photos for this once in a lifetime adventure! Can't wait to soak it all in!!!
Now...I'd better go double check my packing lists...




5 comments:
OMG!!!! Can you believe the time has finally arrived?!? Have a wonderful trip! And take lots of videos with that new camcorder!
WOW it's time for your lovely family now to bring home your little sweetie. We been home from Xi'an 3 weeks soon. Teo is a healthy and social boy. The orphanage has been the best "home away from home" we can imagine! Have a wonderful trip!
Big hugs from us in Sweden!!!
Kristine,
I wish you two an amazingly wonderful trip!!! I can't wait to read your blog posts! And the day you meet your "little man" will be a joyful eye-watering moment! Hope to meet up with you in China!Mommy to Sophia Grace who is waiting in Hunan Province!
Tammy
The next time we hear from you, you will offically be a mom! We were able to blog from China, but not upload pictures. You can edit your posts and add pictures once you are home.
Nancy W
Hope you guys are doing well...I've been refreshing like a mad woman waiting for an update!
Post a Comment