I sat down and began writing an update several times since my last post. I scrapped everything. It's been more of the same...a crazy ride on the roller coaster of STRESS! To make a long (and redundant) story short...as of today, it seems that our train wreck is finally back on track! (Woo-hoo!!)After going back & forth with our Social Worker too many times to mention, it seems my persistence has finally paid off. I didn't have the utmost confidence in our SW due to his track record so I had to become our own advocate. I contacted DCFS directly today and they confirmed that our approval letter was FedEx'd to our HS agency and it should have arrived YESTERDAY. A few hours later I finally received a phone call from Mr. SW who informed me that he had the "most wonderful news." (He hadn't read any of the e-mails I sent him over the last three days.) Bottom line - - he's finally going send me the letter that I need to get our paperwork to Citizenship & Immigration Services in order to get our amended I-171H Form - - the magical document we need to travel! EUREKA!!!
So...the very nanosecond that I receive the FedEx package, I will be off to CIS to hand deliver our documents. I've been communicating regularly with a WONDERFUL Immigration Officer that already has our file on her desk and she's willing to expedite us! GOD BLESS HER!! She has been an amazing angel throughout this drama! We should get our amended document within a few days and they we're clear for take-off!
I spoke with Betty at FTIA to update her and, because we'll be missing our travel date (a week away), it looks like we'll be delayed a month. New target date is December 2nd - 18th. We'll get home exactly one week before Christmas! Uh oh! Time to get that Christmas shopping done!!!!
I think I may actually be able to breathe again after tomorrow! Whew!


No comments:
Post a Comment