Wednesday, January 14, 2009

FINALLY...some news!

It's been so long since we've heard any update on the boys. It's been downright painful! I decided to drop Amy Eldridge an e-mail the other day to wish her a Happy New Year and inquire about the twins. I told her about how the paperwork never made it out of the orphanage as we thought (and were originally told) and I asked if she had any updates on how they were doing (and I jokingly asked if they were shaving yet!!). She was terrific and got right back to me saying that she, too, was disappointed in the delay. She said she would call her Anhui Director that deals with the Jiangxi provence that night and find out what was happening.

Well...today I received an update!! We found out that the boys' files were sent to the provincial level (Civil Affairs Bureau) last week and they should be in review as we speak! After that, they will go to the CCAA!!! Amy's contact said he thought the paperwork might make it to the CCAA by Chinese New Year!! That would be SO fantastic!! Of course, the CCAA will be closed down for a week due to CNY, but if they have the twins' paperwork, then hopefully we will hear something shortly thereafter!!

I also received an e-mail from Betty Betz at FTIA stating that her Beijing staff also found out that the paperwork was at the CAB, however her staff thought that it wouldn't make it to the CCAA until late February! Either way, I'm so happy to know that things are moving forward. Of course, I would much prefer Amy's timeline!

No comments: