What a day! It was a little bit of an emotional roller coaster! We all went out to lunch as a group at the office which was a nice change of pace and when we returned, I saw an e-mail that made my heart skip a beat! I saw that it was from Betty Betz and the subject line simply read: “The Twins.” Omigosh…was this it? Does she want me to call her? Has the paperwork been approved? Are we ready to move forward?
So as my heart was beating so loudly I thought my coworkers could hear, I eagerly opened the e-mail only to read that the twins’ files had NOT been submitted as originally expected, and that the files wouldn’t go out until “next month.” Aaaaarrrrgh!! Are you kidding me?! Reading that message certainly took the wind out of my sails!!
Betty even wrote that she realized I was “probably jumping out of [my] skin every time the phone rings.” Boy…she’s not kidding! I wrote back to her and told her I’m going to need a defibrillator pretty soon!! Needless to say, I was disappointed with the news.
It just seems that people ask me about the adoption and “how it’s going” on a daily basis nowadays! In a way, I’m flattered and happy that they’ve taken an interest, but there’s a side of me that feels the pain each time, too. It’s been such a long wait. I smile with each question and simply answer, “We’re one day closer.” It’s all I can do to keep my sanity and keep from breaking into tears! I don’t think anyone, except another waiting adoptive parent, would truly understand. One day, the hole in my heart will be filled to capacity with the love of the little one(s) we’ve been longing for! Can’t wait for that day!!
Betty was funny…she told me she would be more sensitive with the e-mails in the future so that they wouldn’t be so misleading.
I neglected to mention that I had done some research on the twins. I wanted to research their orphanage (which I’ve read good things about) and I was lucky enough to find an early posting on LWB’s blog regarding the twins’ arrival. It read:
"Around the same time the Rainbow Twins were born, Ming and Liang made and early appearance into the world and were receiving specialized care at a local hospital where both weighed just over 2 pounds each. They received the medication, nutrition, and warmth they desperately needed and soon were strong enough to return to their orphanage. We hope to see their paperwork submitted to the CCAA soon."Aren’t they a hoot? So tiny! Of course, they certainly look much, much healthier now. I feel lucky to have found this early photo. I am certain that if the twins become our boys, we will get these photos and more.



No comments:
Post a Comment